Friday, August 31, 2012

August 27th-August 31st

The first week of school has been a very exhausting one for the students.  They are learning how to work in Kindergarten centers and realizing they are responsible for more things this year.
I will be posting pictures here on a weekly basis.  I will also list the sight words, letters of the day, word family and skills that were working on.
Sight words:  the, and
word family:-at (cat, bat, rat, hat, fat, mat, pat, sat)
Letters and sounds:A-G
We have also been working on rhyming, counting, patterning, beginning sounds and following directions.
Please work on some of these skills at home too.  All can be done as a game.  For example, kids love to play "I spy".  You can play this game with letters and beginning sounds.  The adult (or older child) can say "I spy something that starts with c".  
Also, please read with your child 15-20 minutes each night.  Have them pick out the sight words while you are reading.
I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend and we will see you Tuesday.  Please feel free to email me with any question, deirdrepatricia@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment